Monday, March 11, 2013

Do Not Despair, But Hope

How extraordinary is our Lord that He would allow us to partake in such a magnificent, painful, and rewarding journey in which we are able to experience the infinite graces of hope.

Just these past couple days God has been pointing out the value and the beauty that hope holds for each of us continually, without fail. It's been such a fruitful realization that although despair and desolation may be knocking on the door to my heart, I am able to find hope in the fact that it is through the periods of desolation and suffering that I can allow myself to grow in Christ. It is in those times that I can entrust my heart fully to Him.

And the perfect, most selfless example to look toward would be dear, sweet Mother Teresa. The countless 50 years of desolation that she faced must've been agonizing. And yet she faced the world with a smile, laughter, and fully giving of her self.

Jesus, it is my prayer to follow in her ways. To say yes to the desolation that you will allow me to go through to get to You. I want to love like never before and it is only through You that I can do so. Day after day I am placing my hope in You.

"I consider that the suffering of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

"For in hope we were saved. Now hope that sees for itself is not hope. For who hopes for what one sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait with endurance." - Romans 8:24-25


"Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."- Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment